Thursday, January 31, 2013

Fear


Bullying. It happens every day. Every hour. Every minute. Some people are victims—Some are the people who start everything. Tyro Bergen likes to make peoples life miserable—especially young Bart Rangely who just lost his father in the attacks that happened at the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001. The board of educators decided that they needed a kid like Bart in their school because he was as the newspapers called him “A Miracle Boy”. He was then, enrolled into Baileywell Preparatory Academy; Otherwise known as Bullywell. In the book Bullywell by Francine Prose it shows how Bart matures through being bullied and losing his father. It shows his triumphs and misery through being bullied in a middle school/high school. But, that is just how middle and high school both work. You will get bullied. You will get in trouble. You will have the time of your life. All of those things are normal in a teenagers life during that time period.  Some people however may push someone over the edge, and that is what happens at Bullywell.

Tyro’s Point of View- (Scene 1) I can’t believe this little kid just gets to come here for free, just because his dad died in those twin towers! And better yet I have to be his stupid “Big Brother”, what a trash school! This is outrageous! This is painful! This is agonizing! Oh boy, here he comes with his mother. Dressed all nice, probably the nicest clothes he has. That is an awful outfit. Now, I need to take this fake smile off and introduce myself to this worthless kid. (Scene 2) Oh, this kid is really dead now. Trashing my SUV! That is a brand new top of the line $60,000 Escalade and he just—ruins it like that! The concrete when through my windshield like a knife going through hot butter. The scratches from the keys seared through the metal that I adore so much! And he slashing my new tires! I am officially done with this kid!

Bart’s Mom’s Point of View- (Scene 1) Explaining to my son that his father and my husband are now splitting up is a harsh and painful truth that he needs to understand. He left me, for someone. Prettier. Smarter. YOUNGER. Then I am, I have to face the facts. Bart may be angry, shocked or confused. None of this is his fault. I just want him to know that I will always love him. (Scene 2) After everything that has happened recently, I think it is good that I am getting out of the house and looking at this new private school for Bart. I was astonished when we received news that Bart was getting a full scholarship to go there! I’ve always wanted him to go to the nicest school in the state and now he gets too! Of course—on some not so great terms. But, I am excited for my baby boy Bart to finally get the education he truly needs!

Nola’s Point of View- (Scene 1) Today, I met a boy named Bart. He visited me at the hospital. I’m in this place because of my terrible skin disease.  Apparently, Bart is doing time for his crime. The crime of trashing an Escalade. He struck out with the other two patients and now he met me. We talked, and talked, and talked! It was a very enjoyable time for me and I hope he visits again soon! (Scene 2) I’m really sick. I want to see Bart! Instead, I’m stuck in this terrible room with this tubes. I know my time is short, I read the doctors notes.  All I want is Bart. He is the only one in this world who truly understands me!

Being a teenager is tough already. Then losing a close family member, a close friend and being bullied can take a real mental and emotional toll on a kid’s life. All of the terror, horror, and torture that he is put through. We’ve all bullied someone. Calling them a name, pushing/shoving them, and anything you wouldn’t like someone to do to you, you would to them. You really don’t think your causing them pain but you are. Life lessons on this is to always treat people how you want to be treated and be a good person. In your life, you will meet good people and bad people. Bart met good and bad people. He changed his life because of Bullywell. No one should change because of bullies. You have to fight to keep yourself. You have love who you are. You have to be you. Bart learned valuable lessons from the school and everyone today learns lessons from school. However, sometimes it’s what to be more street smart than actually learning things in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment